Have you ever visited the amazing Kentucky state? It is one of the most loved tourist places in the world with a great lineup of attractions & activities.
Of course, we are aware that our favourite KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) was born here. Apart from that, what do you know about this lovely destination? Read on to know why Kentucky must be added to your travel bucket list.
Kentucky – called the Commonwealth of Kentucky, is a stunning U.S state, famous for many things. Recognized as the ‘Bluegrass State’ (due to a special grass species found in its pastures), this impressive travel destination is known for the longest cave system, largest waterways network, horse racing, automobile manufacturing and lots more.
Top things to do in Kentucky:
With a diverse culture and a mix of communities, Kentucky welcomes travelers from every nook and corner of the world.
- The world-famous longest cave, Mammoth Cave is an iconic tourist attraction offering hiking trails along with picturesque parks, gardens and rivers. You should head towards south central Kentucky to take part in this awesome Cave tour.
- The Newport Aquarium is a must-visit aquarium in Kentucky, with a spectacular display of unique marine species and galleries. Take your family & kids to this fun-filled adventure.
- You cannot miss the state’s top celebrated festivals and events when you are holidaying from anywhere between July and November.
Be a part of the Kentucky State Fair that would entertain you with endless outdoor activities and exclusive festive events. Also, the Kentucky Turkey hunting is quite popular during the fall season from September to November. Book the tickets in advance to avoid huge crowd and peak pricing.
- For history buffs and enthusiasts, visiting the legendary places of heritage would be exciting. The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace, Daniel Boone, Derby museum are a few notable ones among them.
- Apart from the sightseeing and adventurous places, you can spend some time exploring various culinary joints and shopping malls in the state. Visit the giant shopping centers, fashionable boutiques in the downtown area of the largest cities like Louisville, Lexington and so on. Also, don’t regret missing the exquisite food platters and lip-smacking food menu available in the elite restaurants, classic food hubs and street side stalls across the neighbourhood areas of Kentucky.
- Find time to experience the Kentucky Bourbon Trail – the overall distilling process from grain to barrel. Make sure to confirm the timings before taking up the distillery tour.
- You can also indulge in unplanned road trips along the beautiful land ways of Kentucky. Quite an exceptional experience!
When to travel:
Spring and fall are the top travelled seasons with tourist friendly weather and moderate temperatures. The autumn and spring climatic conditions favour the tourists to have the best time in Kentucky – the nature’s hues embracing travellers with much joy. As this peak season witnesses price surge, try finding the best flight deals and book tickets immediately once you plan for your trip.
This historically rich destination will amaze you in every way. So, achieve your travel dreams before you run out of time!